by Chrystie Dickens
My Oregon and some of my Seattle friends have experienced the “yumm” of Cafe Yumm. That place is my go-to take out option. I love the bowls, I love the sauce and I love that they are fast and healthy-ish. However, If you get a large with all the fixings, you are looking at 800+ calories per bowl. Here is a super easy, home made version for you.
Note – This is not a traditional recipe, just a list of ingredients I like to toss in a bowl and devour!
- Cooked Brown Rice – I like to cook mine with any of these chicken broths instead of water.
- Shredded Chicken – I make mine in the Instant Pot with the broths above.
- Black Beans – These are delicious.
- Roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash.
- Pickled red onions
- Cafe Yumm original or chipotle sauce.
Serve with Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips… you will LOVE these! The lime flavor is my favorite, but they also have sea salt, jalapeno lime, barbecue, ranch, nacho, and no salt.
Chrystie Dickens is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, NASM Certified Nutrition Coach, Certified Warrior Strength Instructor, and Certified Tribe Team Training Instructor. She is the Founder of Fit and Fourtyish, a personal training and nutritional coaching program dedicated to helping people with strength, agility, balance and weight loss. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.