by Chrystie Dickens
Yesterday I tried this amazing new recipe for dinner! And yes, it does utilize my favorite kitchen tool…the Instant Pot. My family and I really liked the dish, and it was super simple. However, I didn’t feel like it gave the best cooking results for the green beans or salmon. Next time, I will bake the salmon and green beans in the oven and have pre made hardboiled eggs on hand. But I loved the dressing and loved the speed and ease of the dish.
- 20oz Salmon Fillet
- 8 Eggs
- 12oz Green Beans, trimmed
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 cup Romain Lettuce, chopped
- 4 Tomato, quartered
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set a steamer basket or trivet in the bottom of Instant Pot with 1 cup of cold water. Place the fish, eggs, and beans on the rack.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes, until the fish flakes easily and the beans are tender. Quick release, then open when the pressure subsides. Remove the salmon and beans, leaving the eggs in the pot.Quickly run the beans under cold running water and set aside. Cover the IP and cook the eggs for an additional 3 minutes, until hard boiled. Quick release, then open when the pressure subsides. Run eggs under cold water, peel right away and slice in half.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the romaine on a plat and put the beans on the side. Flake the salmon into large chunks and put on plate. Add eggs, tomato over the lettuce. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
This is designed to make 4 servings. I am tempted to make it for lunch next time and portion out 4 separate meals to act as grab and go when we are busy!
Chrystie Dickens is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, NASM Certified Nutrition Coach, Certified Warrior Strength Instructor, and Certified Tribe Team Training Instructor. She is the Founder of Fit and Fourtyish, a personal training and nutritional coaching program dedicated to helping people with strength, agility, balance and weight loss. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.